WHAT IS A GYNECOLOGIST IN GERMANTOWN?
Our skilled team of physicians at Women's Health Specialists, is committed to providing women with the best care possible from puberty through menopause. We are conveniently located in Germantown Tennessee. Call or click today to schedule an appointment.
During childbearing years a women’s health is very much dependent on the health of her reproductive systems. A gynecologist focuses on your health in general and the biological functions supporting reproduction in particular. This includes the menstrual cycle, fertility, pregnancy, as well as diseases and disorders that interrupt normal body functions.
Typically paired with the obstetrics discipline, gynecologists may or may not include a special focus on pregnancy and childbirth. General and family physicians also provide gynecological care, but choosing a Women's Health Specialists gynecologist ensures quality care devoted to and centered around women.
CONDITIONS YOUR GYNECOLOGIST IN GERMANTOWN TREATS
Most women experience a gynecological disorder at some point in their lives. Most of the time these problems are minor and easy to treat. Occasionally, however, diseases and disorders may be complex or with a wide-ranging health impact.
Common symptoms of gynecological disorders include:
- Irregular bleeding at menstruation
- Bleeding during or after intercourse
- Lumps or sores present on genitals
- Vaginal discharges with strong odors
- Burning sensations during urination
- Discomfort or pain during intercourse
These symptoms, or others, may indicate common gynecological conditions, such as:
- Fibroids: common tumors, usually benign, occurring commonly in the uterus
- Ovarian cysts: fluid-filled sacs in the ovaries that may interfere with the normal function of the ovaries
- Endometriosis: the irregular growth of uterine lining tissue in places other than the uterus, such as inside the fallopian tubes, for example
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS): ovarian symptoms caused by elevated levels of male hormones
WHAT YOUR GYNECOLOGIST IN GERMANTOWN DOES
Care from a gynecologist addressed any health concern involving the uterus, vagina, fallopian tubes, and ovaries. Women’s breasts also require special and these fall under the care your gynecologist. The range of care stretches from adolescence through adulthood, including menopause, after your reproductive years have ended.
If you become pregnant, you’ll see an obstetrician until your child is born. Fortunately, many gynecologists also practice obstetrics, and you may not need to switch providers. Discuss with your Women's Health Specialists gynecologist about their specialties. If they’re not already obstetrics practitioners, they can recommend another care provider.
TRUST THE BEST TIME OF YOUR LIFE TO THE BEST GYNECOLOGIST IN GERMANTOWN
When you’re pregnant, you can expect many changes to the life growing inside you, as well as to your own body, over a short period. Your obstetrician at Women's Health Specialists with locations in Germantown in the surrounding area specializes in the care of both you and your child. Call the office to request an appointment online.